· resume ·
An extremely detail-oriented graphic designer with a bachelor’s degree in communication arts and a passion for all things pretty. three years direct experience as a graphic artist; three years of production design experience. skilled at layout perfecting, proofreading, photo editing, and typesetting. strong multi-tasker and successfully balances busy workloads while remaining
upbeat and positive. thrives while working on a team as well as independently.
National Camera Exchange
Golden Valley, minnesota • October 2017–present
• Works with Advertising Manager to produce various promotional signage including posters, brochures, flyers, coupons, and video slides,
as well as miscellaneous content for use in print, web, email, and social media.
• Develops copy, creates original graphics, and sources photography-related articles for daily social media posts; compiles resulting data to monitor success.
• Designs newspaper advertisements for sales and individual vendor promotions that are published in the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press,
reaching thousands of readers in the Twin Cities metro area.
• Designs and schedules promotional emails via MailChimp, reaching a mailing list of around 40k customers.
freelance graphic designer
ruby july | fine art + design
minneapolis, minnesota • may 2008–present
• Designs an assortment of projects for clients, including branding packages, wedding suites, invitations, and announcements,
as well as gifting items like press-printed cards, image boxes, and books.
• Maintains social media accounts, a website, and a storefront on Etsy to provide calligraphy and event design services to customers across the country.
tiny prints & wedding paper divas · shutterfly, inc.
shakopee, minnesota • july 2014–july 2017
• Perfected thousands of design layouts, proofread text, and color-corrected photos to directly assist customers in creating flawless final products;
maintained error rate well below department goals.
• Created custom stationery designs for the Wedding Paper Divas Studio Basics line which were selected by the Merchandising Team to be purchasable online.
• Participated in several small, specialized committees, including:
- Advanced Customizations Team (performed complex selective color adjustments and layout/photo edits to customize orders per design requests);
- QA Team (detected hundreds of potential issues from the front-end to back-end, which ensured a seamless ordering process for customers);
- MSP Design (created original content for various events and needs in Shakopee location).
press book production specialist
white house custom colour
eagan, minnesota • october 2008–july 2014
• Directly assisted the Product Development Team in the creation and execution of new products in the Press Book Department.
• Trained dozens of employees, and supported the Department Manager in completing daily tasks as a Point Person.
• Assembled thousands of press-printed products, including photo books, CD/USB cases, and image boxes.
uwgb union promotions & good times programming
green bay, wisconsin • march 2007–may 2008
• Designed, edited, and prepared posters, flyers, and table tents for campus events.
• Produced semester programming brochures that were distributed to students and faculty.
• Packaged artwork for off-campus printing and maintained organized archives of original materials.
bachelor of arts
university of wisconsin-green bay
september 2004–MAY 2008
major: Communication Arts (emphasis in Design Arts)
Minor: Art (emphasis in Two-Dimensional Art)
activities/honors: Dean's List - 6 semesters, Darkroom Assistant - 2 semesters
selected courses: 2-D Design, Drawing, Graphics Studio I & II, Advanced Graphics Studio (Web Design), Photography I, II & III, Screen Printing, Introduction to Printmaking, Advanced Printmaking
adobe creative suite
n.e.w. art 2008
juried collegiate showcase of student art from n.E. wisconsin
“Bay,” photograph (received the best of photography award)
“bitten.” screen print
steal this idea! fall 2007 award
association of college unions international regions 8 & 9
first place brochure: good times programming fall 2007 events
uwgb’s journal of the arts, fall 2007
“jamie’s senior prom,” photograph
Click the link above to open and/or download
a printable PDF version of my resume.